Booking Lance Lang
Lance Lang has devoted his life to inspiring hope in those affected by addiction through sharing his own decades-long journey from addiction to freedom and brokenness to wholeness. From growing up as a pastor’s son under the watchful eye of small-town America to leading a $30 million project management firm at the age of 25, […]
Lance Lang has devoted his life to inspiring hope in those affected by addiction through sharing his own decades-long journey from addiction to freedom and brokenness to wholeness.
From growing up as a pastor’s son under the watchful eye of small-town America to leading a $30 million project management firm at the age of 25, pressure to perform and live up to others’ expectations was a way of life for Lance. As the heaviness of life’s burdens grew, Lance turned to drugs and alcohol to bear the weight, creating a decade-long cycle of abuse and addiction that destroyed his hope and left him in a reclusive, depressive state.
He thought his 50-pill-a-day addiction would be his life forever. But God had a different plan.
Instead of debilitating suffering, Lance was given hope when God’s long pursuit of him ended and everything changed at a moment’s notice. He got called out and called up, entering treatment and finally stepping back onto the path God had been preparing for him for far too long. His story is nothing short of a miracle.
Since getting clean & sober in April of 2011, Lance has gone on to inspire thousands of others to do the same, co-founding Hope is Alive Ministries, a program providing next-level mentoring homes for recovering addicts and alcoholics, as well as support groups providing help and hope for loved ones impacted by substance abuse.
Since its October 2012 founding, Hope is Alive has grown from one home and five residents to 25 homes across 6 states with over 200 residents and an 80% success rate, as well as over 40 support groups attended by over 700 loved ones every month.
The impact of Hope is Alive is being felt in thousands of homes and will be evident for generations to come.
Lance has shared his powerful story hundreds of times to enthralled audiences in churches, student groups, gatherings of leaders, recovery groups, and other diverse venues. He connects through his enthusiasm, he inspires through his story, and he uplifts through his unique perspective, making him a perfect fit for groups of all makeups and sizes.
In addition to being a dynamic speaker, Lance is also a five-time author, with his latest book reflecting on the lessons learned during his decade of sobriety, 10 Years Sober: Taking Steps Toward Freedom.
10 Years Sober: Taking Steps Toward FreedomBuy Now
- CEO and Founder of one of America’s fasting growing and most impactful organizations, Hope is Alive Ministries
- In 2023, Hope is Alive (HIA) celebrated its tenth anniversary with plenty of major milestones
- 25 sober mentoring homes for men and women now operating in six states
- 2870 years of combined sobriety among its residents and graduates
- 41 college degrees completed by residents and graduates
- Over 750 children reunited with healthy, sober parents
- Over 700 loved ones of addicts attending one of over 50 support groups monthly
- Over $2 million in debts and legal fees repaid by residents and graduates
- Over 70 full-time employees with a coast-to-coast, nationwide presence
- 265 people have professed faith in Jesus through public baptism
- Over 10,000 addicts and their families reached through its programs
- In total, over 234,000 estimated people have been impacted in some way through HIA since its inception
- Over the course of his dynamic, years-long speaking career, Lance has shared the stage with such notable names as pastor and author Craig Groeschel, three-time World Series champion Darryl Strawberry, Heisman Trophy winner and BCS champion Tim Tebow, and popular worship artists Brandon Lake, Josh Baldwin, Maryanne J. George, and Ben Fuller
- Lance is also a seven-time author of a variety of books to multiple audiences, but always positive and inspirational. His books include the memoirs Hope Is Alive and Ten Years Sober, as well as other titles focused on helping people live lives of hope and encouragement
- Recipient of Oklahoma Center for Nonprofits VISIONS 2020, Rodney Bivens Innovation Award